Yes. We're still going to trek for waterfalls, but so much else happens in between the chance to go out waterfalling. Dylan's paintball birthday was last week. No waterfalls there so it didn't make it into the blog. We have a very fun new trampoline in the backyard. No waterfalls. Not in the blog.
So I'm going to take the lead from another Mom at http://www.mythreemuses.com/. She uses her blog as a digital scrapbook for her babies (and life). I do have scrapbooks and creating them is really fun. It's time I spend with my sister and in fond rememberence of days gone by. But the fact is, my kids are nearly teenagers and I spend a fair amount of scrapbooking time just trying to remember what happened when they were four, or five, or nine. And that makes me sad.
So although I really love holding the final product (a beautiful, frilly, completed scrapbook page) in my hand, I need more immediate satisfaction. I need a way to record what's happening now instead of what happened years ago. So, this blog, originally intended for the search for waterfalls over Summer Break 2013, has now become the official, forever and ever, not-just-for-waterfalls blog. The cool thing is that there are companies who will make your blog into actual hardcover books. Maybe someday (graduation, wedding, grandbaby birth, ???? ) I will have it published and actually present it as a gift to my babies.
BUT I NEED A NEW NAME. Eventually Anne and Dylan's Great Waterfall Quest should be retitled. Thoughts? Suggestions? Help please.
| Paintball to the head. Thank God for helmets or this party would have been over fast! 05/04/2013 |
Oh my...I almost forgot to mention...if you need something tangible...Blurb creates awesome blog books where posts and pictures of your choosing are bound into a book...super fast, super easy and looks gorgeous on the coffee table...
ReplyDeleteThanks to Wikipedia:
ReplyDeleteA waterfall is a place where water flows over a vertical drop in the course of a stream or river. Waterfalls also occur where meltwater drops over the edge of a tabular iceberg or ice shelf.
Blog Names:
Between the Water Drops
Flowing through the days, waiting for the waterfalls
While waiting for the waterfalls . . .
Becky, I love your ideas. The suggestions are creative, touching and heart-warming. I love it! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome! Another idea is:
ReplyDelete"Falling to Remember"
It includes the idea of waterfalls, and remember moments as they happen. You are not waiting until you scrapbook, thus; preventing "Failing to Remember". Sort of a play on words.
Have fun deciding on the new blog name. I can't wait to see what you choose or come up with on our own!
Your Saturday sure perked up!